The primary focus of the course will be to provide Law Enforcement Officers and Civilians employed by Law Enforcement Agencies with a basic understanding of Mental Illness & Autism, and the knowledge and approach to resolving crisis situations.
Course Goals:• Introduce audience to the signs and symptoms of mental illness.
• Identify the impact mental illness has on family members.
• Provide audio/visual testimonials from people with mental illness.
• Introduce fundamental tools to gain compliance from the people with mental illness.
• Provide resources to better assist in being a solution.
• Quiz audience to measure basic knowledge of autism.
• Introduce audience to basic information about autism.
• Provide participants with the tools to defuse autism meltdowns.
LENGTH OF CLASS: 8 hours